Sunday, September 23, 2007

Isaac Jamison Kuiper


Jamie and Becky Kuiper welcomed their son, Isaac Jamison, into the world on Thursday afternoon. They were blessed with just under an hour of time with Isaac before he passed away from a rare birth defect. I was invited to be there for a short time to photograph Isaac, Jamie, Becky, and their families.

How Beautiful it was to watch this family pack a lifetime of love for Isaac into just a few minutes. It was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. We can praise God today for the gift of time, especially in moments like this.

Thursday night I was telling my 8 year old son, Hayden, about Isaac. After clarifying that Isaac was in Heaven Hayden said "If I was in heaven I would be looking hard trying to find you. When Isaac gets older he is going to be looking for his mom and dad too but they aren't going to be there." There was a short pause and a look of sadness on his face. Then he said "someone is going to need to adopt him and take care of him until his mom and dad get there." Through tears I could only say that someone already had.

How beautiful!

“Unless the Lord had given me help, I soon would have dwelt in the silence of death. When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your love, oh Lord, sustained me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.” Psalm 94:17-18

Click HERE to see some images of Isaac.