Monday, February 5, 2007

How time flies

Tonight our year and a half old daughter fell asleep in my arms. There is something sacred about a moment like this. As our other three children ran off to bed and I sat there quietly enjoying this silent time with my daughter, I could not help but remember when my first child used to fall asleep in my arms. Our friends, Brady and Sarah Anne, brought their first son, Carter, home from the hospital this weekend. I remember those days and feelings so clearly it is a bit strange. I am amazed at how quickly the time flies and how quickly our children grow. These quiet moments of peace with our children are hard to come by. I pray that I will have a few more with Ellery before she too goes off to bed on her own. I also pray for our friends Brady and Sarah who have many more of these treasured moments ahead. I love all the stages of our kids lives so far, but this "fall asleep in my arms stage" is the one that I will clearly miss the most.